Learn More About Job Openings
View our job openings below. We are hiring in multiple departments with some position inclusive of sign-on bonuses.
Apply now to be a part of the Missouri Slope Family!
HIM Coder/Documentation SpecialistFull Time | Bismarck, ND
40 hours per week | 8:00am - 4:30 pm
Monday through Friday; No weekends or holidays
Position is in-office
- Responsible for maintaining complete and accurate electronic health records, with an emphasis on appropriate medical diagnosis coding and documentation integrity/quality, for residents and tenants
- Assign accurate ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes for all residents and tenants upon admission
- Query medical providers/MDS coordinators for diagnosis clarification
- Retrieve electronic documentation from vendor partner systems and file as appropriate
- Review, route, and manage all incoming resident document faxes
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Coding certificate or associate degree in a related field preferred
- Minimum of 2 years ICD-10-CM coding experience preferred
- Previous experience or training in health information management and/or medical secretary preferred
- AHIMA or AAPC credential preferred
- Knowledge of electronic health records, anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, pharmacology, and basic lab tests
- Proficiency in computer operations, keyboard operations, Microsoft Office applications, etc.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing
To apply, submit a Missouri Slope employment application at the front office or apply online at www.missourislope.com.
Application Deadline: Open until filled